News & Weekly Specials
Check in every week to see the latest exclusive Specials
11 Facts You Didn't Know About Hair and Shaving
With all the shaving you do on a weekly basis, we took it upon ourselves to dig up some of the most interesting facts on the internet about the way your hair follicles work (and some other cool info you probably don’t know). Many of these surprised us as well!
- Shaving, tweezing, or waxing does not cause hair to grow back thicker or fuller (but it still is a hassle)
- When saturated with water, the strength of a single strand of hair is approximately ⅓ to ½ less than the strength of dry hair, making it much easier to shave.
- The average person has about 615 hairs per square centimeter.
- The first safety razor was patented in 1901.
- Shaving cream was only made for men until the industry specifically targeted women in 1986.
- Nearly 70% of American women prefer a clean-shaven man.
- There are nearly 5 million hair follicles covering the human body.
- The odds for damaging the skin increase significantly with an older, blunt blade.
- Shaving in the direction of hair growth will reduce the blade's friction with the skin.
- Body hair usually grows out from an individual’s skin at a 30 to 60 degree angle.
- Hair grows faster during the day than at night.
Wouldn’t you prefer to be easily hair-free? Most women wish they could remove bikini, underarm, leg, and facial hair forever, which is why Tropicalaser offers Laser Hair Removal treatments for you!
Give us a call at 1 (516) 307-1543 to schedule your free consultation. During your consultation, your expert practitioner at Tropicalaser will assess your skin and hair type to determine which course of laser hair removal will best suit you. Plus, at Tropicalaser - we frequently offer discounts and specials, interest free financing and offer the best prices. If you find it cheaper - we’ll match it or beat it.
Please login first in order for you to submit comments